Deck the Halls: Recommended Items for Volunteers to Bring
November 30, 2019
Deck the Halls is Warrior Foundation Freedom Station’s largest event of the year. To make it as successful as possible, we would greatly appreciate the assistance of our volunteers in bringing some of the following items with you on the day of the event.
- Push pins (for use with garlands only, not on walls)
- Gardening/work gloves
- Small personal hammer (marked with your name) to help tap in push pins.
- Small step ladder (marked with your name & phone # in case it gets left behind).
- Large garbage bags
Gifts for Warriors
These items will be sorted and distributed in the warriors’ rooms.
- Cookies and candies (if homemade, please divide into Ziploc bags)
- Packages of nuts and trail mix
- Granola bars and cereal bars
- Microwavable popcorn
- Cases of water and Gatorade
- Gift cards to Petco or PetSmart for the service dogs of injured warriors
*Please do not bring large packages that need to be divided, i.e. gift baskets or boxes.*
- Green wired garland (non-lighted)
- Navy or Marine decorations
- Small American flags
- Red, white and blue ornaments
- Red, white and blue ribbons and bows
- Large, colorful handmade holiday signs and banners (8-foot banners are ideal) made by children, youth groups, volunteer groups, and businesses.