We provide a wide variety of items that provide comfort to injured service members during recovery and assist with the transition to civilian life.
The Wolfpack Wheelchair Basketball Team
This military wheelchair basketball team currently includes active duty and veteran players from the U.S. Army, Marine Corps and Navy. While these heroes have sustained life-changing injuries such as amputations, spinal cord injuries and traumatic brain injuries, they don’t represent disabilities – only possibilities.
WFFS Cycling Team
The WFFS Cycling Team is an adaptive sports program that provides a therapeutic outlet and the all-important camaraderie that warriors experience in the military.
Warrior Foundation Freedom Station serves the needs of injured warriors via our three primary program areas: quality-of-life items, support services and transitional housing.
We provide a wide variety of items that provide comfort to injured service members during recovery and assist with the transition to civilian life, including:
- Ultra light wheelchairs
- Modified combat boots with built-in zippers to accommodate prosthetic limbs.
- Special hiking boots for warriors with lower leg injuries and IDEO braces.
- iPads with specialized applications for those with post-traumatic stress (PTS) and traumatic brain injury (TBI).
- High-quality pillows, pillow cases, blankets and bath towels for the hospital.
- Pallets of bottled water and non-perishable food items.
- Men’s and ladies’ business suits for transitioning service members to go on job interviews.
- Christmas gifts provided annually to recovering warriors, including toiletries and personal care supplies, athletic equipment, apparel, military blankets, and more.