Warrior Foundation-Freedom Station of San Diego
Civilian transition is a difficult time in the life of a warrior who has framed his or her everyday existence in the context of military service. This fear is compounded by injuries or disabilities sustained in the line of active-duty combat. The Warrior Foundation-Freedom Station of San Diego stands committed to providing our nation’s ill, injured, medically retired and active duty warriors with the support they need to live happy, healthy and productive civilian lives.
In addition to being a rehabilitative-based transitional community, we offer numerous veterans support
services. These services provide our warriors with opportunities for social interaction, trust building and cultivating life-management skills. We also provide various therapeutic programs to support our warriors thriving in life while living with catastrophic injuries like amputation, nerve and spinal cord damage.
If you would like to learn more about how you can help provide veterans support services to our warriors, please explore various ways to give to Warrior Foundation-Freedom Station of San Diego.
Our Veterans Support Services
We provide our warriors and their families with all types of veterans support services that positively impact their lives. Some of our veterans support services include:
- Recreational Activities. We organize outings like fishing trips, golf and baseball games. These activities get warriors out of the hospital and provide them with the camaraderie of their fellow service members.
- Therapeutic Programs. We fund the Wolfpack, the only all-military wheelchair basketball team in the United States. The Wolfpack is comprised of active duty and veteran service members who have sustained an amputation, spinal cord injury or other orthopedic or neurological disorder. We also sponsor a Cycling Club made up of veteran service members who have sustained an amputation, spinal cord injury or other orthopedics or neurological disorders. Members from all service branches are including on the team roster. Currently we have veteran cyclists from the Army, Marine Corps, and Navy involved in the cycling program. We started the cycling club with 6 cyclists two years ago. For some reason or another some of the cyclists got caught up with personal issues and the cycling club fell by the wayside. The club started to revive about a year ago. The Cycling Club now has 16 members with several more cyclists (guys and gals) that want to be a part of it. They have been doing races, time trials and did a 100-mile bike ride. Most of the warriors suffer from PTS or a TBI as well as some other physical issues; however, the warriors are quick to report that when they get on their bike, everything goes away.
- Career Support. We provide educational and career guidance to prepares our warriors for civilian life. This includes assistance with college selection and scholarship applications to internships, job opportunities and résumé writing help.
- Vocational Projects. We fund vocational projects to help our injured warriors find joy and contentment from engaging in hobbies and learning skills they either enjoyed pre-injury or have always wanted to try. This includes motorcycle and automotive build projects to videography and information technology programs.
- Home for the Holidays. Every year, we purchase hundreds of plane tickets to fly injured warriors home for Christmas. For a warrior who has been confined to a hospital, there is no greater source of joy than to wake up in his or her own bed on Christmas morning.
Help Care For Injured Warriors From All Service Branches
It is the Warrior Foundation-Freedom Station's position that our warriors deserve every opportunity to live happy, healthy and productive civilian lives surrounded by the people who support and love them. There are several ways you can help care for the injured warriors the Warrior Foundation-Freedom Station assists:
- Make a one time or recurring monetary gift
- Allotments, securities or gifts
- Volunteer your time and talents
- Donate a vehicle that flies, floats or drives
If you live in the Southern California area, and you are interested in volunteering your time and talents to injured warriors charities in San Diego, we want to hear from you! By volunteering with the Warrior Foundation-Freedom Station, you can help the warriors who have sacrificed so much to defend and protect our freedom, while having a great time and meeting some really amazing people too.
Injured Warriors Charities In San Diego
The Warrior Foundation-Freedom Station is proud to be one of the injured warriors charities in San Diego that advocates solely for the wants, needs and best interests of our warriors in both the short and long terms. Your donation helps us help disabled veterans, injured, ill and active service members receive the care, guidance and support they so rightfully desire and deserve.
We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. This means we rely on generous folks like you to help us continue to assist our courageous warriors as they transition from military duty to happy, healthy and productive civilian lives. Please help us continue to support our injured warriors in their hours of greatest need…. and we welcome you to contact us to learn more about how your support directly benefits our warriors and their families.